03 Nov Comprehensive Skin Care
Addressing Your Health and Appearance from the Inside Out and from the Outside In
Paul A. Goldberg MPH, DC, DACBN, DCBCN
Founder and Consultant to The Goldberg Tener Clinic
Chronic Disease Reversal
The skin covering your body is your largest organ and tells the world volumes regarding your well-being, level of youthfulness and vitality. More than any other organ, the skin is a picture of the totality of our health.
Your skin is on the front line… protecting your body’s organs, glands, nerves, blood, immune cells and other vital components from the ever-present health challenges of the world around us. Aging, sunlight, pollution, cosmetics, temperature variations and other stressors can take a significant toll over the years.
Skin Care from the Inside Out
The most important way to take care of our skin is to improve our internal health. Thousands of our patients over the past half century have vastly improved their skin and thereby their appearance by following an individualized Goldberg Tener Clinic Bio-Hygienic Program. This is seen in the numerous before and after photos on our website at https://www.goldbergtenerclinic.com/chronic-skin-disorders/ . These photos reveal the positive changes in appearance, including the skin, that follow improvements attained in vitality and health. A few examples are shown below.
External Skin Care
The second way to improve and protect our skin is caring for it externally. The skin is primarily nourished internally but is also highly subject to adverse outside exposures. The skin is not an iron shield… it is living tissue affected by what it encounters from the outside world. It is prudent, both for short and long-term health, to protect it from the elements.
Sunlight is vital to our health but ultraviolet light damages skin. Prolonged exposure contributes to wrinkling, discoloration, age spots and increases the potential for skin cancer. Sun damage is often hidden for many years only showing its cumulative effects decades later.
Harsh environmental pollutants have dramatically increased over the years and are another source of accelerated skin damage. These harmful contaminants are further compounded by the toxic chemical cosmetics people commonly use. Some of these compounds such as methylparaben and phthalates also have adverse effects on our endocrine and immune systems. Long-term exposure to environmental agents results in skin damage including changes in pigment, increased inflammation, and deterioration of our collagen resulting in the breakdown of connective tissue and accelerated skin wrinkling Another source of potential damage is exposure to blue light energy from modern day technologies.
To protect skin health and appearance, there are safe, effective, skin care habits we can utilize to help protect and restore the skin. Just as we brush and floss our teeth, giving daily attention to our skin has present and future benefits.
Goldberg Tener Clinic Essential Skin Care Products
An individualized Bio-Hygienic Program addressing internal health combined with specific skin care products helps ensure healthy skin for the present and protecting our skin for the future.
The Goldberg Tener Clinic has developed a comprehensive set of four skin care products containing generous amounts of the essential components that promote and help restore skin health. These products meet or exceed the quality of much higher priced brands. They are free of phthalates, parabens and other toxins that have adverse effects on the endocrine and immune systems.
- Goldberg Tener Clinic Vitamin C Cleanser: Removes environmental contaminants from the skin. Does not involve harsh chemicals but rather contains mild, natural ingredients made specifically for deep yet gentle cleaning of accumulated skin debris.
- Goldberg Tener Clinic Vitamin C Serum (20% Vitamin C Content): Vitamin C is recognized for its antioxidant protection properties and for supporting skin collagen. Most Vitamin C Serums contain less than 5% actual Vitamin C content, an insufficient amount. Since skin is made up of collagen and Vitamin C is a basic component of collagen, a potent Vitamin C Serum is a fundamental remedial for aging, sun damaged, skin.
- Goldberg Tener Clinic Advanced Hyaluronic Acid Serum: This product hydrates and lubricates the skin. Hyaluronic acid is recognized for its restorative benefits, holding up to 1,000 times its weight in water, drawing moisture out of the environment and onto the surface of the skin. Hyaluronic Acid helps restore the skin’s own hyaluronic acid content, giving skin a more supple, firmer, brighter look. Botanically derived hyaluronic acid is a cornerstone of external skin care.
- Goldberg Tener Clinic Vitamin C Moisturizing Cream (15% Vitamin C content): Protects the skin from dehydration. The retention of moisture is critical to good skin health and adding Vitamin C of at least 10% or more works to lighten hyperpigmentation and protect the skin from the damaging effects of free radicals.
We often hear from patients that quality skin care products on the market are very expensive. We agree and have seen similar items to ours sold, even in discount stores, that not only are exorbitantly priced but that contain too little of the most important ingredients e.g., Vit. C and hyaluronic acid, to be of benefit. In addition, they often contain toxic chemicals that defeat the purpose of skin care.
- A natural sunscreen containing sun blocking ingredients such as zinc oxide is wise to employ when extended time will be spent outdoors.
- Another essential, a free one, to skin health and appearance is sufficient sleep. Few things age skin faster than sleep deprivation (I can personally vouch for this!). Nothing can substitute for the rejuvenating effects of getting sufficient sleep to allow wastes in the skin to be dispersed and new connective tissues/collagen to be formed.
A skin enhancement / protection program need not be time consuming nor expensive. Simple steps that you take now can go a long way to preserve a youthful, vibrant appearance or help restore skin health where it has been lost.
For additional information on Goldberg Tener Clinic Skin Care Products, please contact the clinic at 770-974-7470 or message us via our website at https://www.goldbergtenerclinic.com/contact/.