05 Nov Protect Yourself Against COVID 19
You Have Been Misled…
You Can Empower And Protect Yourself Against Covid-19
Paul A. Goldberg BA,BS,MPH,DC,DACBN,DCBCN
The Goldberg Tener Clinic
Chronic Disease Reversal
One of the most harmful aspects of the current Covid-19 Pandemic is the feeling of helplessness it can generate. There is a sense among many that other than hide in their homes and practice social distancing that they cannot protect themselves. Many have a pervasive sense they have been left at the mercy of their local, state and federal governments. That their only salvation is to isolate themselves until mass vaccinations are available and then hope that the vaccine(s) is safe and effective.
This need not be the case. Viruses generally do not produce pandemics unless conditions are made appropriate for their gaining the upper hand. This is also the case with most bacteria and other microorganisms. A virus’s potential to wreak havoc upon us comes down to how virulent (health destroying) the virus (the agent) is and what the person’s (the host) level of resistance is in relationship to the viral agent.
The Covid-19 Virus is actually less virulent than many other viral and bacterial pathogens such as Yersinia pestis (Bubonic Plague), Ebola (Ebolavirus) and Cholera (Vibrio cholerae). The critical factor is the level of host/ patient resistance, determined by the patient’s genetics, which they cannot control and by a host of hygienic/nutritional factors that they can control. This truth has been largely ignored by the medical profession and prominent government health “authorities” with their obsession on pharmaceutical applications for all of life’s problems not appreciating that you cannot drug somebody into good health.
The “treatment of disease” is a poor substitute for supporting and improving (different from “stimulating”) the natural defense mechanisms of the body in ways that are completely safe (a criteria no vaccine can claim) and highly effective.
When a vaccine will be available is not known exactly although it is likely to be soon as there is a very large profit motivation for companies to expedite the release of one. The more important question as to its safety will go unanswered for many months perhaps even years after it starts being administered.
A significant number of our citizens are currently on immunosuppressive drugs e.g. Corticosteroids (read “Problems with Prednisone”) and Biologics (read “The Dangers of Biologics”) that make them particularly susceptible to adverse reactions to vaccines. They represent a segment of the population that should by necessity be excluded from taking them. Those on immunosuppressive drugs will be unlikely to respond to any vaccine in producing sufficient antibodies, thus rendering the vaccine at best useless.
Two other points should be considered in addition to the increased risks of taking immunosuppressant drugs and a vaccine:
Most of those who die from Covid-19 are suffering with what is termed a “co-morbidity” meaning they already had a chronic disease of some type such as diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, heart disease, kidney disease or other chronic issue. Statistics tell us that one out of every four adults in our nation have a co-morbidity and are therefore at much greater risk of dying from Covid-19 should they contract it. This is another reason why we take our task of reversing our patient’s chronic disorders so seriously as we are also lowering their risk of dying from a viral infection.
Obesity is another primary risk factor for dying from Covid-19. With over forty percent of the adult population in the U.S. now defined as meeting the standards for obesity (https://www.tfah.org/report-details/state-of-obesity-2020/) this places another large segment of the population at risk not just for obtaining Covid-19 but also for dying from it.
Beyond Vaccines- Help Yourself!
It is our practical philosophy at the Goldberg Tener Clinic that the best health care is self-care. Below is a list of seven general steps you can take, starting today, to improve your immunity. If you are suffering from chronic disease(s), contact us to see how we can help.
To increase your resistance to viruses, including Covid-19, institute the following steps in a consistent manner. Do not believe that only a pill or shot can affect your health. You are the potential host to Covid-19 or other virus. As the host, make yourself resilient and promote your good health at the same time.
- Obtain a generous amount of sleep each night. Lights out by 10:00 ideally. Sleep is critical to improving your immune strength and resistance.
- Know the side effects of immunosuppressant drugs (they are numerous and one of the most common classes of drugs prescribed by Medical Physicians). You are greatly limiting the ability of your immune system to defend you if you are taking them.
- Obtain fresh air and sunlight. These are critical for supporting immune health. Don’t be fooled into thinking that taking a pill of “Vitamin D” is a good substitute for the suns invigorating, immune balancing effects when utilized properly. Sunlight, fresh air and contact with nature are also potent anti-depressants.
- Choose your diet wisely and avoid overeating.
- Don’t rely on “supplements” alone as a panacea. Stay clear of the pill mentality.
- Yes…follow social distancing and wear a mask in public. These are reasonable precautions. Doing so helps to protect older people you come into contact with, whose immunity is often lower.
- If you are overweight/obese start getting in shape AND if you have a chronic disease don’t drink the Kool Aid and think you cannot get better.
Ultimately obtaining good health and a high level of resistance is your ultimate weapon against Covid-19. Start on that journey now. If you are suffering from chronic disease(s) we are here to help you and are only a phone call away. In the meantime look over the list above. Remember…God helps those who help themselves!
More Articles from The Goldberg Tener Clinic
- Reverse SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth)
- Reversing Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis
- Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia? You Have Been Misled.
- Ankylosing Spondylitis and Other Autoimmune Disorders
- Reversing Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Reverse Rheumatoid Disease and Other Autoimmune Issues
- Tackling Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease Part I
- Tackling Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease Part II
- Problems with Prednisone: Why Inflammation is Not the Enemy
- Interview with Clint Paddison Part I and II: Rheumatoid Arthritis
- The Dangers of Biological Drugs (part I)
- The Dangers of Biological Drugs (part II)